2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Theory of Machines (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The motion between a pair which takes place in __________ is known as incompletely constrained motion.
2. A torsional system with discs of moment of inertia I₁ and I₂ as shown in the below figure, is gear driven such that the ratio of speed of shaft B to shaft A is 'G'. Neglecting the inertia of gears, the equivalent inertia of disc on shaft B at the speed of shaft A is equal to
3. The frictional torque transmitted in a flat pivot bearing, considering uniform pressure, is (where μ = Coefficient of friction, W = Load over the bearing, and R = Radius of bearing surface)
4. A typewriter mechanism has 7 numbers of binary joints, six links and none of higher pairs. The mechanism is
5. The magnitude of velocities of the points on a rigid link is
6. The maximum efficiency of spiral gears is (where θ = Shaft angle, and φ = Friction angle)
7. If the opposite links of a four bar linkage are equal, the links will always form a
8. The velocity of a flat-faced follower when it has contact with the flank of a circular arc cam, is given by
9. Two systems shall be dynamically equivalent when
10. The motion of a shaft in a circular hole is an example of