2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Steam Boilers, Engines, Nozzles & Turbines (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steam turbines are used for
2. Locomotive boiler is of the following type
3. The maximum heat loss is a boiler occurs due to
4. A single stage impulse turbine with a diameter of 1.2 m runs at 3000 r.p.m. If the blade speed ratio is 0.42, then the inlet velocity of steam will be
5. The actual vacuum in a condenser is equal to
6. It is required to produce large amount of steam at low pressure. Which boiler should be used?
7. Reheating of steam in a turbine
8. The ratio of heat actually used in producing the steam to the heat liberated in the furnace, is known as
9. In designing air preheaters, the important design consideration is that
10. A steam nozzle converts