2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Strength of Materials (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A cube subjected to three mutually perpendicular stress of equal intensity p expenses a volumetric strain
2. The strain energy stored in a solid circular shaft subjected to shear stress (τ), is: (Where G = Modulus of rigidity for the shaft material)
3. The strain energy stored in a solid circular shaft in torsion, subjected to shear stress (τ), is: (Where, G = Modulus of rigidity for the shaft material)
4. The stress induced in a body, when suddenly loaded, is ________ the stress induced when the same load is applied gradually.
5. A material obeys hook’s law up to
6. A body is subjected to a tensile stress of 1200 MPa on one plane and another tensile stress of 600 MPa on a plane at right angles to the former. It is also subjected to a shear stress of 400 MPa on the same planes. The maximum normal stress will be
7. The torque transmitted by a hollow shaft of outer diameter (d1) and inner diameter (d2) is (where τ = Maximum allowable shear stress)
8. If Th is the torque resisting capacity of a hollow shaft and Ts is that of a solid shaft, of the same material, length and weight. Then,
9. If Kh is the torque resisting capacity of a hollow shaft and Ks is that of a solid shaft, of the same material, length and weight. Then,
10. After reaching the yielding stage while testing a mild steel specimen, strain