Manufacturing & Production Engineering (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If a gas metal arc process uses a low arc voltage and the arc is continuously interrupted as the molten electrode metal fills up the arc gap is known as
2. Which one among the following welding processes uses non-consumable electrode?
3. What type of fusion welding process is used for welding sheet metals of all engineering metals (except Cu, Ag) in automobile and air craft industries, pipe and tubing production?
4. When two main plates are kept in alignment butting each other and riveted with cover plate on both sides of the main plates with two rows of rivets in each main plate, the joint is known as _______ double cover butt joint.
5. In a metal arc welding process, a gas metal arc welding with magnetized flux is used and can be done in all the positions i.e. flat position, vertical position or inclined position.
6. In a particular type of welding, flux is prepared in the form of a coarse powder and granulated flux is spread over the joint. What is this type of welding process called?
7. The common welding error that occurs due to shrinkage of weld metal, faulty clamping of parts, faulty penetration or overheating at joints is called?
8. The object of caulking in a riveted joint is to make the joint
9. Calculate the weld per minute, work speed of circular electrode of 220 mm diameter for carrying out seam welding at 4 welds per cm on 1.6 mm thick mild steel tube. Welding cycle consists of 3 cycles ‘on’ and 2 cycles ‘off’ Power supply is at 50 Hz.
10. What is the method of brazing used to join relatively small assemblies made from materials that either do not oxidize at the brazing temperature or can be protected from oxidation with a flux?