2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Machine Design (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ratio of belt tensions (p1/p2) considering centrifugal force in flat
belt is given by
Where m = mass of belt per metre (kg/m)
v = belt velocity (m/s)
f = coefficient of friction
a = angle of wrap (radians)
2. The ultimate strength of steel in tension in comparison to shear is in the ratio of
3. In radial cams, the follower moves
4. The permissible stress for carbon steel under static loading is generally taken as
5. The property of a material which enables it to resist fracture due to high impact loads is known as
6. In replacing the V-belts, a complete set of new belts is used instead of replacing a single damaged belt because
7. A hot short metal is
8. In case of pressure vessels having closed ends, the fluid pressure induces
9. Guest's theory of failure is applicable for following type of materials
10. A V-belt designated as B 4430 LP has