2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Internal Combustion Engine (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a typical medium speed 4-stroke cycle diesel engine the inlet valve
2. The operation of forcing additional air under pressure into the engine cylinder is known as
3. Compression ratio of I.C. Engines is
4. The air standard efficiency of an I.C. engine is given by (where r = Compression ratio, and γ = Ratio of specific heats)
5. Pick up the wrong statement about supercharging
6. The theoretically correct air fuel ratio for petrol engine is of the order of
7. Number of working strokes per min. for a four stroke cycle engine are _________ the speed of the engine in r.p.m.
8. In an internal combustion engine, the process of removing the burnt gases from the combustion chamber of the engine cylinder is known as
9. In the opposed piston diesel engine, the combustion chamber is located
10. The ignition of the charge by some hot surface within the engine before the passage of spark is called