2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Hydraulics & Fluid Machineries (Set 7)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Saving of work done and power by fitting an air vessel to single acting reciprocating pump is of the order of
2. Overall efficiency of a centrifugal pump is the ratio of
3. Which of the following pump is generally used to pump highly viscous fluid?
4. High specific speed of turbine implies it is
5. In a reciprocating pump, air vessels are used to
6. The specific speed of a turbine is given by the equation
7. In order to avoid cavitation in centrifugal pumps
8. The speed of an imaginary turbine, identical with the given turbine, which will develop a unit power under a unit head, is known as
9. Francis turbine is best suited for
10. Power required (in watts) to drive a centrifugal pump is (where Hm = Manometric head in metres, w = Specific weight in N/m3 , Q = Discharge of the pump in m3 /s, and ηo = Overall efficiency of the pump)