2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Hydraulics & Fluid Machineries (Set 5)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Impulse turbine is generally fitted
2. The gross or total head of the turbine is the ________ of the water levels at the head race and tail race.
3. In axial flow fans and turbines, fluid enters and leaves as follows
4. Which of the following statement is correct?
5. According to fan laws, for fans having constant wheel diameter, the pressure varies
6. Saving of work done and power by fitting an air vessel to double acting reciprocating pump is of the order of
7. If the net positive suction head (NPSH) requirement for the pump is not satisfied, then
8. According to fan laws, at constant pressure, the speed capacity and power vary
9. Which of the following turbine is preferred for a specific speed of 60 to 300 r.p.m.?
10. The angle of taper on draft tube is