2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Hydraulics & Fluid Machineries (Set 3)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kinematic similarity is said to exist between the model and the prototype, if both of them
2. For very high discharge at low pressure such as for flood control and irrigation applications, following type of pump is preferred
3. The flow ratio of Francis turbine is defined as the ratio of the
4. The maximum number of jets generally employed in impulse turbine without jet interference is
5. The specific speed (Ns) of a centrifugal pump is given by
6. Medium specific speed of turbine implies it is
7. A turbine is required to develop 1500 kW at 300 r.p.m. under a head of 150 m. Which of the following turbine should be used?
8. Pick up the wrong statement about centrifugal pump
9. The flow ratio in case of Francis turbine varies from
10. In reaction turbine, draft tube is used