2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Hydraulics & Fluid Machineries (Set 2)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Low specific speed of turbine implies it is
2. The function of guide vanes in a reaction turbine is to
3. Hydraulic accumulator is used for
4. The jet ratio is defined as the ratio of the
5. Maximum impulse will be developed in hydraulic ram when
6. In a single casing, multistage pump running at constant speed, the capacity rating is to be slightly lowered. It can be done by
7. Which of the following pump is successfully used for lifting water to the turbines?
8. If a pump is handling water and is discharging a certain flow Q at a constant total dynamic head requiring a definite B.H.P., the same pump when handling a liquid of specific gravity 0.75 and viscosity nearly same as of water, the horse power required will be
9. A jet of water is striking at the centre of a curved vane moving with a uniform velocity in the direction of jet. For the maximum efficiency, the vane velocity is ________ of the jet velocity
10. In a centrifugal pump, the liquid enters the pump