2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Fluid Mechanics (Set 2)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Steady flow occurs when
2. A flow is called super-sonic if the
3. In a forced vortex, the velocity of flow everywhere within the fluid is
4. The depth of centre of pressure (h) for a vertically immersed surface from the liquid surface is given by (where IG = Moment of inertia of the immersed surface about horizontal axis through its centre of gravity, A = Area of immersed surface, and x = Depth of centre of gravity of the immersed surface from the liquid surface)
5. Mach number is significant in
6. A fluid which obeys the Newton's law of viscosity is termed as
7. In order that flow takes place between two points in a pipeline, the differential pressure between these points must be more than
8. The error in discharge (dQ/Q) to the error in measurement of head (dH/H) over a triangular notch is given by
9. For similarity, in addition to models being geometrically similar to prototype, the following in both cases should also be equal
10. The value of coefficient of velocity for a sharp edged orifice __________ with the head of water.