Fluid Mechanics (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a body is placed over a liquid, it will sink down if
2. The property by virtue of which a liquid opposes relative motion between its different layers is called
3. A weir is said to be narrow-crested weir, if the width of the crest of the weir is __________ half the height of water above the weir crest.
4. Euler's dimensionless number relates the following
5. When a body floating in a liquid, is displaced slightly, it oscillates about
6. The pressure of the liquid flowing through the divergent portion of a Venturimeter
7. When the Mach number is between __________ the flow is called super-sonic flow.
8. In an immersed body, centre of pressure is
9. A vertically immersed surface is shown in the below figure. The distance of its centre of pressure from the water surface is
10. The torque required to overcome viscous resistance of a collar bearing is (where R1 andR2 = External and internal radius of collar)