Engineering Thermodynamics (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a gas is heated, change takes place in
2. One molecule of oxygen consists of ________ atoms of oxygen.
3. Which of the following variables controls the physical properties of a perfect gas?
4. The distillation carried out in such a way that the liquid with the lowest boiling point is first evaporated and recondensed, then the liquid with the next higher boiling point is then evaporated and recondensed, and so on until all the available liquid fuels are separately recovered in the sequence of their boiling points. Such a process is called
5. Work done in a free expansion process is
6. Which of the following laws is applicable for the behaviour of a perfect gas?
7. The unit of temperature in S.I. units is
8. A cycle consisting of _________ and two isothermal processes is known as Stirling cycle.
9. A tri-atomic molecule consists of __________ atoms.
10. The unit of mass in S.I. units is