2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Engineering Mechanics (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A body of mass ‘m’ moving with a constant velocity ‘v’ strikes another body of same mass moving with same velocity but in opposite direction. The common velocity of both the bodies after collision is
2. The bellow figure shows the three coplanar forces P, Q and R acting at a point O. If these forces are in equilibrium, then
3. The centre of percussion of the homogeneous rod of length ‘L’ suspended at the top will be
4. The angle of inclination of the plane at which the body begins to move down the plane, is called
5. Pick up wrong statement about friction force for dry surfaces. Friction force is
6. The term 'Centroid' is
7. The C.G. of a plane lamina will not be at its geometrical centre in the case of a
8. If the masses of both the bodies, as shown in the below figure, are reduced to 50 percent, then tension in the string will be
9. The moment of inertia of a thin rod of mass ‘m’ and length ‘l’, about an axis through its centre of gravity and perpendicular to its length is
10. Forces are called coplanar when all of them acting on body lie in