Engineering Material (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following metals would work-harden more quickly than the others?
2. Iron-carbon alloys containing carbon ________ 4.3% are known as hypereutectic cast irons.
3. Bell metal contains
4. The temperature required for full annealing in hypereutectoid steel is
5. The composition of silver solder is
6. When a steel containing ________ 0.8% carbon is cooled slowlybelow the lower critical point, it consists of ferrite and pearlite.
7. Pipes for bicycle frames are made of
8. The charge of the blast furnace consists of
9. The following element can't impart high strength at elevated temperature
10. The percentage carbon content in wrought iron is about