2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Workshop Practice, Brazing, Welding & Gas Cutting (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following conditions will indicate a need for a finishing cut to be taken on the pump shaft?
2. In machine shop practice, a center gage is used for checking the angle of ___________.
3. Very small irregularities on the seat and disk of a globe valve may be manually repaired with the valve in place by the process known as _____________.
4. If a drill press is used to completely bore through a metal plate, feed pressure on the drill bit should be eased as the bit breaks through the bottom of the hole to prevent ____________.
5. Before the longitudinal carriage feed of a lathe is engaged, you must be certain the ___________.
6. Which of the devices listed should be used to reshape a grinding wheel?
7. The taper produced by a lathe taper attachment is determined by setting the _____________.
8. A thread die will be easier to start if the end of the piece of material to be threaded is slightly ___________.
9. To properly remove packing from a valve stuffing box, you should use a ____________.
10. Tapping threads into a blind hole should be finished by using a _____________.