Workshop Practice, Brazing, Welding & Gas Cutting (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following conditions will indicate a need for a finishing cut to be taken on the pump shaft?
2. In machine shop practice, a center gage is used for checking the angle of ___________.
3. Very small irregularities on the seat and disk of a globe valve may be manually repaired with the valve in place by the process known as _____________.
4. If a drill press is used to completely bore through a metal plate, feed pressure on the drill bit should be eased as the bit breaks through the bottom of the hole to prevent ____________.
5. Before the longitudinal carriage feed of a lathe is engaged, you must be certain the ___________.
6. Which of the devices listed should be used to reshape a grinding wheel?
7. The taper produced by a lathe taper attachment is determined by setting the _____________.
8. A thread die will be easier to start if the end of the piece of material to be threaded is slightly ___________.
9. To properly remove packing from a valve stuffing box, you should use a ____________.
10. Tapping threads into a blind hole should be finished by using a _____________.