2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Scavenging,Turbocharging & Aircooling (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the two events listed occurs simultaneously in a two-stroke/cycle diesel engine?
2. Scavenging in a turbocharged, four-stroke/cycle diesel engine is accomplished _____________.
3. Air scavenging of a diesel engine cylinder ____________.
4. A diesel engine is supercharged in order to ____________.
5. One characteristic of a pulse type turbocharging system is ________________.
6. Which of the listed types of superchargers will NOT have a volumetric capacity proportional to engine speed?
7. Which of the following turbocharging systems channels the exhaust gases of each individual cylinder directly into the turbine rotor blades?
8. A turbocharged, four-stroke/cycle diesel engine has a larger valve overlap than a naturally aspirated four-stroke/cycle diesel engine, in order to increase the _____________.
9. Which of the following statements is correct regarding a turbocharged four-stroke/cycle diesel generator?
10. Why will a turbocharged diesel engine produce black smoke if excessive additional load is applied too quickly?