Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Short cycling of a refrigeration compressor refers to _________________.
2. The heat gained per pound of refrigerant in the evaporator is known as the ________________.
3. When liquid reaches the compressor of a refrigeration system through the suction line, the condition is called ________________.
4. Which of the refrigerants listed is considered safe and ideal for most marine applications?
5. The heat removed from the refrigerant in the condenser of a refrigeration plant is the ______________.
6. The FIRST thing to do to ensure that a refrigeration unit will not start while undergoing repairs, is to ______________.
7. In a refrigeration system, the refrigerant absorbs the latent heat of vaporization in the ________________.
8. Personnel working with refrigeration systems, and subject to the exposure of refgerants should wear ______________.
9. The heat required to change a substance from a solid to a liquid while at its freezing temperature, is known as the latent heat of ______________.
10. The only means of removing the latent heat of condensation from a refrigerant in the normal refrigeration cycle is by ______________.