2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Propeller, Shafting & Stern Tube Bearing (Set 4)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Propeller pitch speed minus ship speed divided by the propeller pitch speed is termed ________________.
2. Which of the devices listed prevents water from entering a ship's hull via the propulsion shaft?
3. Vessel propellers are classified as being right hand or left hand. A right hand propeller turns clockwise when viewed from ________________.
4. Which of the following nondestructive testing methods can be used to detect a suspected subsurface defect in a tailshaft liner?
5. Which of the following statements best describes an oil lubricated stern tube bearing installation?
6. It is necessary to test the hydraulic system of a controllable pitch propeller. According to regulation what should be done?
7. Which of the following actions, pertaining to saltwater lubricated stern tube stuffing boxes, is usually observed when the ship is expected to be in port for an extended period?
8. After packing is added to the stern tube stuffing box,which of the following procedures should be observed toinsure even tightening of the gland?
9. A bronzed sleeve is secured to the propeller tailshaft by ________________.
10. Which of the following statements represents an operating characteristic of neoprene or rubber stern tube bearings?