2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Distilling & Potable Water System (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A high reading at a salinity cell located in the loop seal between two stages of a flash type evaporator would indicate ___________.
2. Fluctuations in the pressure and temperature of the steam supplied to the first-effect of a low pressure submerged tube distilling plant will cause ___________.
3. Which of the following descriptions best identifies the operating principal of a flash-type evaporator?
4. Which of the listed problems could produce a high absolute pressure within a flash type evaporator?
5. One advantage of a triple-effect low pressure submerged tube distilling plant over a double-effect unit is ___________.
6. A salinity indicating system functions on the basic principle of measuring the ___________.
7. One distinct advantage of flash type evaporators, as compared to most other evaporators, is that in a flash evaporator ___________.
8. Early models of the flash-type evaporators used a separate shell- and-tube heat exchanger as the air ejector condenser. More recent models use a combined air ejector condenser with the ___________.
9. If the supplied steam pressure to the first effect of a submerged tube distilling plant is allowed to fluctuate, the distiller ___________.
10. Fluctuating pressures and temperatures in an evaporator will ___________.