Pipe & Valves (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The use of a needle valve in a piping system is recommended when requiring ___________.
2. The designation "schedule 80 extra strong " refers to ___________.
3. Piping cross-sections ranging from 3mm to 300mm in diameter, are sized by ___________.
4. On tankers using manually operated tank valves, the deck hand wheel indicator registers the ___________.
5. Which of the following descriptions could be applied to short lengths of pipe called nipples?
6. Fittings used to close the ends of pipe are called "pipe ___________".
7. Which of the valves listed will be cycled from fully open to fully closed when the handle is turned 90°?
8. The valve best suited for throttling gas or liquid flow in a pipeline is the ___________.
9. As routine maintenance, the bilge manifold valves are periodically removed and examined. Prior to resecuring the valve bonnets, the valve ___________.
10. On tank vessels equipped with power operated cargo tank valves, the type of power operator most commonly used is ___________.