2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Motor - Starting & Reversing (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where engine bores exceed 230 mm, a bursting disc or flame arrester is to be fitted _____________.
2. What may be used to protect starting air mains against explosions arising from improperly functioning starting valves?
3. The total air capacity for non-reversible main engines is to be sufficient for ______________.
4. Starting a large propulsion diesel engine using diesel fuel during cold weather conditions can be made easier by ____________.
5. A diesel engine is turned at normal cranking speed, but fails to fire. This can occur from .
6. Which of the following methods is used to prevent throttling of compressed air through the diesel engine air starting valves?
7. In the starting process of a diesel engine, the main object is to attain the compression conditions sufficient to ___________.
8. Fluid type starting motors used for starting auxiliary diesel engines may either be of the piston type or the ____________.
9. A six-cylinder, four-stroke/cycle diesel engine is fitted with a rotary distributor type air starting system. The speed of the rotating distributor disc is _______________.
10. In addition to a main engine driven starting air compressor, another air compressor, driven by a separate power source, is installed to _______________.