Motor - Maintenance & Operation (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A loose crosshead plunger assembly in a metering or proportioning pump will cause ___________.
2. In a naturally aspirated diesel engine, the volume of air intake is directly related to engine ___________.
3. A naturally aspirated diesel engine at full throttle will have an intake manifold pressure _____________.
4. An increase in the air inlet manifold pressure of a diesel engine will result in a/an _______________.
5. On a large diesel engine installation, crankshaft axial alignment is maintained by the _____________.
6. The crankcases of many diesel engines are kept under a slight vacuum to ______________.
7. Maintaining the lowest possible scavenging air temperature at all times is not recommended due to the possibility of the _______________.
8. On a turbocharged, medium-speed, diesel engine, which of the following problems is an indication of a restricted air intake passage?
9. An indication of a diesel engine air intake being partially clogged, is _____________.
10. Load control on a diesel engine is accomplished by ______________.