2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Lubricating System & Maintenance (Set1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heat exchangers are most commonly found in a small auxiliary diesel engine _______________.
2. One advantage of vacuum feed type cylinder lubricators over the liquid sight glass type is _____________.
3. Which of the following devices controls the discharge flow rate of an attached, positive displacement, rotary gear, diesel engine, lube oil pump?
4. Mechanical lubricators for diesel engine cylinders are usually small reciprocating pumps which are ___________.
5. Which of the following statements is true concerning an oil cooler?
6. Lubrication for the main reduction gears used with diesel engines is usually supplied by ____________.
7. Which of the following devices is normally provided to prevent oil starvation in a diesel engine lubrication system utilizing the "full flow" principle?
8. A large, low-speed, crosshead, main propulsion diesel engine using residual fuel oils must have a cylinder oil having a _____________.
9. Many lube oil filters have pressure gauges installed on both the inlet and outlet in order to indicate the pressure drop across the filter. In normal operation, the pressure drop will _____________.
10. The rate of cylinder lubricating oil metered to each cylinder of a large, low-speed, main propulsion diesel engine is _______________.