2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Heat Exchanger (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Machinery operating features are designed to help conserve energy. Which of the following results will not contributeto energy conservation?
2. The temperature differential occurring between the inlet temperature of the fluid to be cooled and the outlet temperature of the cooling medium in a shell-and-tube heat exchanger is greatest in which of the flow designs listed?
3. The general purpose of a heat exchanger is to ____________.
4. The presence of scale and dirt on the saltwater side of a lube oil cooler is usually indicated by ____________.
5. When a heat exchanger is used as a cooler, excessive cooling water flow should be avoided to prevent ____________.
6. Zinc anodes are installed in a marine raw-water cooling system to ____________.
7. In a heat exchanger, excessive fluid velocity should be avoided to prevent ____________.
8. Sacrificial zinc anodes are used on the saltwater side of heat exchangers to ____________.
9. The floating end of a shell-and-tube type cooler utilizes a packing ring to ____________.
10. When conducting a hydrostatic test on the distillate cooler shell of a flash type evaporator, liquid appears well inside one of the tubes. In order to correct this, you should ____________.