Fuel Oil Properties & Purifiers (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The tendency of a flammable liquid to vaporize is indicated by its _____________.
2. Which of the following statements describes the relationship between flash point and ignition temperature?
3. The lowest temperature required to cause self-sustained combustion of a substance independent of any outside source of ignition is called _____________.
4. In order to maximize the performance of an operatingcentrifuge, you can adjust the fuel oil
II. through put
5. The flash point of bunker fuel is defined as the _____________.
6. The flash point of a liquid is the _____________.
7. The lowest temperature at which fuel combustion becomes self- sustaining in the presence of a source of ignition, is defined as the _____________.
8. The lowest temperature at which the vapors of a flammable liquid will ignite and cause self-sustained combustion in the presence of a spark or flame is the _____________.
9. Which of the following statements describes the relationship between viscosity and specific gravity?
10. The ash content of a fuel oil is significant to the operating engineer because it _____________.