Cooling System & Maintenance (Set 3)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When checking zincs in a saltwater cooled heat exchanger, you should ______________.
2. A diesel engine cooling water system with a pH factor of 3.0 indicates a condition of ___________.
3. Which of the listed effects would the film of alkaline chromate have on the metal surfaces of the cooling systemof a diesel engine?
4. Antifreeze solutions containing ethylene glycol, should not be mixed with corrosion protection oils, as the resultant mixture _____________.
5. If the coolant temperature of a closed cooling water system for a diesel engine gradually increases, the trouble usually is _______________.
6. Ethylene glycol, when used as a coolant in a closed cooling system for a diesel engine, is more advantageous than untreated raw water because it _____________.
7. In a diesel engine cooling water system, a pH of 6.0 indicates a/an ______________.
8. Failure to ensure proper venting of the cooling system of a diesel engine can result in ______________.
9. If the jacket water temperature of an operating diesel engine suddenly rises above normal, the cause can be attributed to _________________.
10. If the raw water supply pressure for a diesel engine cooling system is below normal, you should check for a ____________.