Cooling System & Maintenance (Set 2)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is correct concerning diesel engine cooling water systems?
2. Which of the following statements is correct for the design and installation of diesel engine cooling water systems?
3. In a diesel engine jacket water cooler, with seawater cooling the fresh water, the ___________.
4. Jacket water heaters are used on diesel engines to ______________.
5. The device allowing for the change in volume of the cooling water in a propulsion diesel engine closed cooling system is the ________________.
6. In a closed cooling system for a turbocharged, four-stroke/cycle diesel engine, fluctuating water pressure can be caused by ___________.
7. The expansion tank in a diesel engine closed freshwater cooling system is located at _____________.
8. In a closed cooling water system, which of the following problems can cause the water pressure to fluctuate?
9. The interior of some diesel engine saltwater heat exchangers are protected from corrosion by the use of ____________.
10. Corrosion inhibitors and/or soluble oils are added to diesel engine cooling systems to ______________.