Cooling System & Maintenance (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diesel engine jacket water is used in the distillation process as the _____________.
2. In any diesel engine closed freshwater cooling system, the lowest pressure exists at the ___________.
3. The expansion tank for a diesel engine closed cooling system is designed to maintain a constant head on the system and _____________.
4. A closed freshwater cooling system is commonly used with marine diesel engines because the ________________.
5. Which of the following statements describes the function of an expansion tank in a diesel engine cooling system?
6. The outlet from an expansion tank of a closed freshwater cooling system should be piped to the ____________.
7. High diesel engine cooling water temperatures can be caused by _____________.
8. High diesel engine cooling water temperatures can be caused by ____________.
9. Higher than normal jacket water temperatures occurring in all cylinders of a diesel engine can result from a/an ______________.
10. The highest pressure in any closed diesel engine freshwater cooling system is at the ____________.