2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Bilge Systems (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The aft, starboard bilge-well can not be pumped out, and back flushing has not been successful. The next practical solution will be to carry out which of the following actions?
2. During routine maintenance the bilge manifold valves are removed. Prior to resecuring the valve bonnets, the valve ____________.
3. Which of the following actions should be taken FIRST if one bilge well of a multiple suction bilge system is unable to be pumped out?
4. Accidental flooding of the engine room bilges by the bilge main is prevented by ____________.
5. An independent bilge suction is required for ____________.
6. The emergency bilge suction valve is typically used ____________.
7. Which of the following statements indicates compliance with Regulations concerning a vessel's bilge system?
8. What can happen to oil based mud when contaminated with salt water?
9. Regulations for bilge and ballast piping require that ____________.
10. Regulations require the emergency bilge system to ____________.