Auxiliary Boiler (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Generating tubes in waste heat boilers are finned to ______________.
2. It is desirable for an auxiliary boiler safety valve to pop open and reseat quickly to ______________.
3. A failure to any component of a flame safeguard control for an automatically fired auxiliary boiler, will result in _______________.
4. The amount of oil consumed by a return flow-type fuel atomization system, fitted with both supply and return meters, can be determined by the _______________.
5. The flame safeguard control system of a large automatic auxiliary boiler will provide fuel shut off in the case of high ___________.
6. If the fire goes out in an automatically fired auxiliary boiler and the burner continues to supply fuel, there is a potential danger of _____________.
7. Prior to lighting off a cold automatically fired auxiliary boiler, you should ____________.
8. When an automatically fired boiler has a flameout, which of the following actions should occur FIRST?
9. Which of the following actions takes place in the control circuit of an automatically fired auxiliary boiler when the desired steam pressure is obtained?
10. Which of the listed sequence of events occurs when an automatic auxiliary boiler is prepurged?