2. What is the indicator diagram?
3. What are the purpose of taking indicator diagram?
4. What are the types of indicator diagram?
5. What is indicated power? How to calculate power?
6. Steps to take indicator diagram?
7. Purpose of Power diagram, Out-of-phase diagram, Compression diagram, Light spring diagram?
8. When indicator diagram is taken?
9. What are the necessary precaution to avoid indicator malfunction?
10. What are the steps to be taken when compression pressure is low?
Automation - Instrumentation (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do most temperature control valves in diesel engine closed freshwater cooling systems vary the flow of jacket water through the cooler instead of through the engine?
2. Which of the following statements is true concerning pressure limit switches and pressostats installed on auxiliary boilers?
3. If the combustion control system of an automatically fired auxiliary boiler fails to relight the burner after a normal shutdown, you should check for a/an _____________.
4. A sudden flame failure in an operating auxiliary boiler, equipped with an automatic combustion control system and burning light fuel, could be attributed to a ____________.
5. In an automatically fired auxiliary boiler, restarting from the normal shutdown cycle in response to steam demand, is initiated by a/an .
6. In a diesel engine cooling system, the high temperature alarm contact maker will be activated on excessively highwater discharge temperature from the .
7. Ignition failure in an automatically controlled auxiliary boiler can be caused by ______________.
8. The flame safeguard controls of a large automatically fired auxiliary boiler, may consist of a ______________.
9. Ignition failure in an automatically controlled auxiliary boiler could be caused by ______________.
10. Ignition failure in an auxiliary boiler can be caused by ____________.