Lubrication & Anti-Friction Bearings (Set 1)
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term "pour point" is defined as the lowest temperature at which lubricating oils will flow ______________.
2. Which of the following statements is used to describe the term "base" in reference to greases?
3. A grease lubricated ball bearing or roller bearing will run cooler if the grease ______________.
4. In a compression type grease cup, the lubricant is forced into the bearing by ______________.
5. Which of the processes listed consumes the greatest amount of power while producing the greatest amount of heat?
6. The packing installed in the pump stuffing box is lubricated by ______________.
7. An organic solid lubricant, such as graphite, is suitable as an oil additive when used in ______________.
8. The best method of fixing a winch motor bearing of the sealed type that is running hot is to ______________.
9. Adsorption filters are not commonly used in steam turbine or diesel engine lubricating systems because they ______________.
10. Although lube oils used in the main lubricating service systems should have a relatively high flash point to avoid ignition, they can create smoke and fire hazards when they ______________.